- Decrease Neck, Back and Hip Pain - Many dogs will experience some form of neck, back or hip pain in their lives. For some dogs, it will be short term, usually following an injury of some kind. For other dogs, this pain will be more chronic, usually stemming from arthritis, degenerative changes from disorders such as hip dysplasia or a disc bulge which is common in many breeds of dogs. Kinesiology tape can provide your dog with a natural way to decrease pain on a daily basis or during exercise.
- Decrease Inflammation - Dogs can develop bruises and swelling due to an injury, just like we do. We do not notice it as often on our dogs though due to their hair. Kinesiology tape has been proven to aid in decreases inflammation from injury, allergic reactions and surgery when applied correctly.
- Support Joints - Is your dog suffering from a knee injury, luxating patella or other joint instability? If so, kinesiology tape is the perfect way to give your dog additional support without restricting range of motion. Most dogs prefer kinesiology tape over braces because it allows them to move freely.
- Heal Quicker Post Surgery - Most dogs will undergo at least one surgery in their life and kinesiology tape can be applied after surgery to reduce swelling and promote healing!
- Decrease Pain
- Speed Up Healing
- Decrease Swelling
- Increase Support
Common Conditions That Can Benefit From Kinesiology Tape:
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Hip Pain - Hip Dysplasia
- Luxating Patella
- ACL Tear - Knee Injuries
- Disc Herniation/Bulge
- Joint Instability
- Weakness due to Degenerative Myelopathy
- And more!
Caution: While there is no doubt that your dog can likely benefit from kinesiology tape, it is important to use caution when applying the tape. Each condition listed above has a specific tape application associated with it and there are certain times kinesiology tape can make the situation worse and you should refrain from taping. Be sure to gain adequate training or consult with a canine kinesiology taping professional before taping your dog!
Interested in learning how to use kinesiology tape on your pet? Click here
Need rehab help for your dog or cat? Meet virtually with our Consultant Experts Here - right in the comfort of your own home.