Jean Pavlakos, PT, Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner
Jean specializes in sports medicine, performance dogs, and care for the senior pet. She offers virtual consultation services for pet parents and trainers / handlers of canine athletes. Jean also consults on care and early intervention for puppies being groomed as future athletes. In addition, Jean treats cats and is happy to discuss mobility issues and exercise strategies specifically geared toward the feline pet.
The most common conditions on which Jean consults are:
- muscle/tendon injuries
- arthritis care and management
- CCL tears including surgery and post-operative care and exercise
- Senior care, comfort, and mobility at home
- neurological conditions
- gait and postural imbalance
If contacting Jean for help with a pet following injury or illness, she will need the following information before the consult (Once you purchase the consult, you will be provided with instructions):
- Pet's name, breed, weight, age
- Pet's injury or issue
- When did injury or issue occur
- In what sport or activity is the pet involved
- Why are you seeking a consult
- Veterinary professional who is currently treating the pet including clinic name, phone, e-mail
This Professional's Biography
Jean is a physical therapist (PT) and is a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP obtained from the University of Tennessee). She has worked as a canine rehabilitation therapist for over 15 years and has received advanced training in spinal mobilization, manual therapy, and therapeutic exercise. She is featured in the book, “Successful Practitioners in Canine Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy.” Additionally, Jean has worked as a human PT for over 35 years, which has sharpened her ability to see and feel lameness, imbalance, and restriction of movement.
- "I cannot say enough about the care that my dogs have received from Jean ... . Jean provides more than physical therapy – she provides genuine love, caring and concern for each animal and owner."
"I truly believe had it not been for the rehabilitation Maximus received with Jean ... and by using the Canine Underwater Treadmill, he would have never been able to work the streets of Cincinnati ever again." Officer John J. Neal - Cincinnati Police Department Canine Division
- "Scarlett, a fence-hopping Brittany was hit by a car on a snowy New Year’s Eve. After undergoing a femoral head resection, Scarlett was referred to Jean for her post-surgery physical therapy. After a thorough course of exercise and laser therapy, Scarlett not only made a complete recovery but went back to fence-hopping! "
- "Max, my twelve year old Brittany is cursed with terrible conformation, as well as bad luck. Jean has seen him though ACL tears, severe arthritis in nearly all joints, shoulder issues and Max is still able to enjoy chasing birds thorough it all, due to the love, cookies and physical therapy treatments he receives 'from Jean' ".
- "When my agility competition dog, Tressel, received a potentially career-ending shoulder dislocation, my first call after seeing his veterinarian was to Jean .... With a combination of laser therapy, muscle stretching and targeted exercise, not only did he recover but went on to achieve his Master Agility Champion (MACH) six months later..."