HELPING DOGS & SMALL PETS GET BACK ON THEIR PAWS
VETERINARIAN: Jane McNae, BVSc, MANZCVs (Surg), PGCert (Med Ed), CCRT, MRCVS, Dip A Phys
HELPING DOGS, CATS, RABBITS, AND SMALL PETS GET PACK ON THEIR PAWS AGAIN.
I have examined, diagnosed, and treated with medicine, surgery, and physiotherapy all the common conditions a pet may suffer - I've seen it all.
My areas of focus include elderly and arthritic pets, post-surgical patients, canine athletes, obese animals, and those with neurological impairments.
My physiotherapy and rehabilitation focuses on the PAW trilogy approach (developed by Paws in Motion), which stands for: PLACE (P), ACTIVITY (A), and WELLBEING (W) - and I take all these aspects into consideration to provide a well-rounded review with advice on what actions can be taken to enhance pet mobility and recovery. I provide consultative services for Pet Parents to help with:
- Explaining the relevance of previously diagnosed condition(s) and how best to proceed for your individual pet
- Advice and understanding of multiple ways to help with pain at home
- Guidance in the pros and cons for selection and use of mobility support devices, techniques, modalities (machines) and therapy options available for your pet’s needs
- Finding solutions for tricky pets and difficulties regarding your pet’s exercise plan
- I provide more convenient access to an independent expert in veterinary physical therapy and rehabilitation